I have the honor and the difficult challenge of having been tagged by The Curt Jester in the Why I Love Jesus Meme. That is an honor because The Curt Jester is such an excellent blog and the meme is a great meme. That is a difficult challenge because Curt Jester Jeff Miller's own answers to the meme are wonderfully written and thus difficult to follow.
Those tagged will share 5 things they "love" about Jesus. Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers. Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here with their name so that others can read them.
Why I love Jesus:
1. Because of His love for me, and for each person, uniquely, so that He sees our needs and cares for each one of us individually even when no one else does -- as when the Good Samaritan took care of the unique needs of the half-dead man he passed on the road to Jericho. Despite all of our faults and disabilities, He says "You are my child." (Actually, that one is a little bit of my priest's homily from this past Sunday.)
2. Because He understood the woman at the well, Mary and Martha, and other women who needed understanding and rarely found it.
3. Because He is with us now, at once within our hearts and protectively surrounding our lives, and also walking with us as a friend as we go about our day to day lives. Within us, he draws us into ourselves in contemplation and prayer. Around us, he holds us in safety when life is beyond our control. Alongside us, he must have the sense of adventure that He shows in Scripture on a fishing boat in a storm, and a sense of humor.
4. Because He cared so much about our salvation that He gave up His own life for our salvation.
5. Because He leads us into a world of things eternal, showing us what matters from a larger perspective than we would otherwise see.